New Firmware not compatible with current ros version

PHKE

New Firmware not compatible with current ros version

Post by PHKE »

Hello,

today, we updated our Scene Scan to firmware version 4.0.0 and tried to launch it with ROS (we use the current version 3.4.0). We got the following error message and breakup of the node:
[ERROR] [1565856258.803210398]: ParameterException while obtaining parameter enumeration: Enumeration contained a ParameterID for which no name is known: 524

Best regards
Phililpp
k.schauwecker

Re: New Firmware not compatible with current ros version

Post by k.schauwecker »

Sorry, you are right. The ROS node was a little bit behind. The new version in the git repository is now compatible:
https://github.com/nerian-vision/nerian_stereo

A new release build has been triggered. Usually it takes a couple of days until new release packages are available on the ROS package servers.
PHKE

Post by PHKE »

Thanks for your reply. I'm sorry to say that, but I updated to ros version 3.5.0 and still getting the same error.
k.schauwecker

Post by k.schauwecker »

Do you have an older version of the libvisiontranfer library installed somewhere in a library search path?
PHKE

Post by PHKE »

Yes, there is an older version in the library search path. After moving this file, I could start the node. But why doesn't the executable find the newer libversion in the first place?
k.schauwecker

Post by k.schauwecker »

I'll check. I think there's something in our CMake script that we can do to improve this.
k.schauwecker

Post by k.schauwecker »

There's an updated CMake file in the git repository that hopefully solves this problem.

Regards,
Konstantin
PHKE

Post by PHKE »

With the updated CMakeLists.txt everything worked out well. Thanky you very much.

Best regards,
Philipp