Changing in IP of the Camera

eren

Changing in IP of the Camera

Post by eren »

Hi,

We had to change the IP of the camera to 160.69.69.5 in another lab and now we are back in our own, yet, I can't seem to connect to the camera using the same (160.69.69.5). I can ping it but when I open a browser and type the IP, the page cannot be displayed error comes up. I am attaching my network settings for investigation.

Regards,
Attachments
ip.png
ip.png (22.77 KiB) Viewed 52650 times
k.schauwecker

Re: Changing in IP of the Camera

Post by k.schauwecker »

Hi Eren,

you seem to have given your computer the IP address 168.69.69.5, which is the same address which you said you used for SceneScan. You need to give your computer a different address within the same subnet (160.69.69.???). If you can't get it to work, you can use the reset switch on the back of the device (see instructions in the manual). But this will also delete all other configuration settings including camera calibration. Hence this should be avoided.

Best regards,
Konstantin
eren

Post by eren »

Problem solved, did as instructed.
eren

Post by eren »

Some months of inactivity and the very very same problem occurs again which is super frustrating.

In the interface of Nerian I had set it this way:
stereo_ip_settings.png
stereo_ip_settings.png (26.12 KiB) Viewed 48300 times
And on my computer I tried various IP addresses, nothing worked.

I really have no idea what's going on here and I am not the best person to talk about the whole network story. However, I can say that I have not given my own computer's IP address to the camera, that's not the case. No matter what I enter to network settings, it never connects to the camera.

NOTE: Tried 160.69.69.3, 160.69.69.5, 160.69.69.10... No success. So it's not about "giving the same address."
Attachments
reach.png
reach.png (14.92 KiB) Viewed 48291 times
k.schauwecker

Post by k.schauwecker »

Hi Eren,

Is your computer in the same subnet (that is 160.69.69.x). Actually 160.x.x.x is a very unusual address range. Your computer might route this to the internet.

I would recommend that you update to the latest firmware. The current firmware supports DHCP server and client. This way you can leave your computer's IP configuration to automatic, and this problem should should never occur again.

Regards,
Konstantin
eren

Post by eren »

k.schauwecker wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 2:20 pm Hi Eren,

Is your computer in the same subnet (that is 160.69.69.x). Actually 160.x.x.x is a very unusual address range. Your computer might route this to the internet.

I would recommend that you update to the latest firmware. The current firmware supports DHCP server and client. This way you can leave your computer's IP configuration to automatic, and this problem should should never occur again.

Regards,
Konstantin
Hi Mr. Schauwecker,

Honestly I've had enough of these IP changing journeys and I wanted to reset the device using a pin on the back. I did, waited 3 seconds and took it out. However, even now, I cannot connect to 192.168.10.10.
orig.png
orig.png (18.91 KiB) Viewed 48285 times
nope.png
nope.png (12.78 KiB) Viewed 48285 times
And there is no way that I can know that reset was succesful, since the device does not give any reaction (or does it?). So, I am at a totally unknown position at the moment.
unreachable.png
unreachable.png (40.48 KiB) Viewed 48284 times
eren

Post by eren »

I also cannot update anything in this position because I cannot even see the Nerian GUI.

nvcom does not recognize the camera either.
nvcom.png
nvcom.png (19.06 KiB) Viewed 48281 times
k.schauwecker

Post by k.schauwecker »

If the reset was successful, then the busy light will be flashing even without cameras connected, as in the default configuration it will be playing the hard-coded default sequence. If it is not flashing, then the reset was not successful and it is still at the old IP. Please consult the manual about performing the configuration reset, which is described there in detail.

If you're computer was previously set to 192.168.10.100 address, you cannot access the 160.x.x.x address that you previously configured SceneScan to use.
eren

Post by eren »

k.schauwecker wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 2:34 pm If the reset was successful, then the busy light will be flashing even without cameras connected, as in the default configuration it will be playing the hard-coded default sequence. If it is not flashing, then the reset was not successful and it is still at the old IP. Please consult the manual about performing the configuration reset, which is described there in detail.

If you're computer was previously set to 192.168.10.100 address, you cannot access the 160.x.x.x address that you previously configured SceneScan to use.
In the manual it's just a paragraph and I've already done what it says there, hold it in for 3 seconds the device will respond to the default address - well, it does not. As I have added many images that indicate the obvious.

So, I disconnected the USB cable that goes to the camera (which enables the "busy" light once plugged) to see if inserting the pin does anything at all. I don't know how strong the button inside is, and I don't know if i'ts pressed or not, can't really "feel" though this thin object. I also don't see anything blinking as of now. So, I think, it does not reset either. What's terrible is that this is super inconvenient for the user as he has limited idea about what's going on inside the device. There is no GUI whatsoever. What's the IP now, what is it supposed to be, etc. It's just shooting in the dark now. Press, wait, check the IP, loop through these steps, and hope that something works(?) at all.

This really should not be this hard.
k.schauwecker

Post by k.schauwecker »

You need to press the button for 3 seconds right from the moment when you plug in the power cable. Otherwise it will not have an effect.

It is technically not possible to have a communication with the device if you don't have a correct IP address configuration, so there cannot be a GUI for that.